Sunday, September 12, 2010

Freezer Cooking

My sister and I came across a great idea to pre-prepare our meals, and do to our current living situation (no dishwasher, remodeling, homeschooling, working part time, and not unpacked) it really works out wonderfully.  We didn't really want to stress ourselves out with trying to cook alot at once since we are relatively new at it and not a ton of freezer space.  So we decided to cook two extra meals a week, we made them large meals so we could eat them several times for example.  I made 6 batches of chili.  Which equaled 3 meals for my sister large family and 6 meals for my smaller family.  So the ending is, I now have 25 meals ready to go in my freezer, and I will not be cooking at all this week.  YIPEE!!!!  This works out great since I will be working alot this week.  It really didn't seem stressful on us at all to cook like this, and the result is really helpful.  The meals we have made and in our freezer is.  Chicken and Rice, Turkey Chili, Pepper Steak, Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Beef Stew, Chicken Stew, Manicotti, Tator Tot Casserole and Shepherds Pie.  We will be taking this week off, and then hopefully soon we will have it that we only cook two meals a week, to keep the inventory up, and add more variety.  All of it is oven ready, or Crock Pot Ready.




A Picture of my small freezer very full at the moment.  I couldn't fit it all in, however it is a very small refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. I've got 16 meals in the freezer and it's wonderful to know I don't have to worry what's for dinner

    ReplyDelete